Stress wreaks havoc on your health and your relationships, contributing to anxiety, irritability, depression, insomnia, headaches, pain, recovery time and other ailments. April is annual stress awareness month. You can avoid, and yes, even reverse damage caused by stress.
Some helpful hints with dealing with stress
Start with implementing a couple of these tips in April; this will make the transition easier to then add some of the others. Jot down 1-3 of the tips you would like to try and think about how you can incorporate them in your life. At the end of each week in April, evaluate the effects they have had on you.
- Make healthier food choices; provide your body with protein and nutrient-rich meals. Toss out junk foods.
- Control your environment; “clean house”, eliminate clutter, clear out a junk draw, your wallet, handbag or desk.
- Take stock of your life; count your blessings and think about what you are grateful for in your life.
- Tell your friends and family members what you appreciate about them; show appreciation with kind words.
- Take a moment to breathe. Learn meditation or yoga, experience cryotherapy for body rejuvenation.
- Find joy and laughter especially during trying times. It is a great coping mechanism when your anxiety or anger buildup.
- Get plenty of sleep. Practice putting away the electronics at least a half hour before bedtime.
Be Cool To Your Body! Experience the exceptional benefits of this modern approach to muscle recovery, beauty, and body rejuvenation
“Cryo” can lower inflammation, decrease pain, and help chronic pain conditions like fibromyalgia, arthritis, and chronic back pain. The extreme cold temperatures will constrict the blood vessels, limiting the production of white blood cells that cause inflammation.