The use of an ice bath has dated back to the ancient Greeks. Cryotherapy is a newer, much more effective option in the ways of recovery and rejuvenation. Not only does it help athletes with muscle and body recovery, quickly, but it’s helpful with chronic pain, weight loss, and so much more. Here are a few reasons why cryotherapy superior to an ice bath.
- The temperature of the ice bath can only reach about 45℉ to 60℉, which will be the same temperature as your skin. Cryotherapy reaches roughly -220℉ to -280℉ making the skin 32℉ to 35℉.
- The time you’re in the cryotherapy chamber is about 2 to 3 minutes, providing an almost instant effect. An ice bath takes about 15 to 20 minutes for the full effects to kick in.
- Because of the time frame, there is a risk of hypothermia with an ice bath. While a cryotherapy treatment uses much colder temperatures, the chamber used is attached to a timer. After the 2 to 3 minutes the machine shuts down and you can exit.
- After a cryotherapy session, you can return to exercise or normal activities immediately. An ice bath requires recovery for about 12 to 24 hours depending on the duration of the treatment.
- Cryotherapy has many more advantages over an ice bath that only provides muscle recovery. The cryotherapy process enriches your blood to improve circulation, the immune system gets a boost, endorphins are increased, and so much more.
The only drawback for cryotherapy is you generally have to go to a cryotherapy center for your sessions. For an ice bath, you just need access to a tub and a lot of ice.
TOTALCRYO offers whole body cryotherapy, compression therapy, facial and even local cryotherapy. Be Cool To Your Body! Book your appointment today 215-262-6779. Experience exceptional benefits. Of this modern approach to muscle recovery, beauty, and body rejuvenation.