Pain generally serves an important purpose, to alert us that we’ve injured ourselves; however, pain can linger for weeks or even months on end, which can interfere with your quality of life. If your pain has overstayed its welcome, there are more treatment options available than ever before.
Helpful tips to treat new and prior injuries and help with recovery time:
- Rest and protect the injured or sore area.
- Ice packs will reduce pain and swelling, when an injury occurs, apply at regular intervals.
- While using ice packs is very helpful on the fly, a cold therapy device allows cold to penetrate deeper, which enables the benefits to last longer:
- Whole Body Cryotherapy is a 3-minute exposure to extreme cold where nitrogen vapor evenly circulates inside a human-sized tank (cryosauna); it works by temporarily deadening nerve endings to reduce pain sensations. This helps contribute to a faster healing process, Once the session is over, your body releases newly enriched blood and nutrients while flushing the toxins from the skin surface, joints, and muscle tissues. You’ll feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Local Cryotherapy helps those with small or large injuries in the soft tissue of their bodies, targeting the areas affected and provides the patient with a reduction of muscle tension and pain, acting as a natural analgesic effect and oxygenated blood flow. It works to help improve the rate of healing and recovery as well as further relaxation of muscle tension and an increase in exercise tolerance. This process helps strengthen and improve the muscles to reduce the possible future injuries.
- Compression Therapy, such as The NormaTec PULSE Recovery System, is designed for recovery and rehabilitation; it helps poor circulation from an injury or from working out. Sessions typically last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
Fitting Chryotherapy into your schedule won’t be an issue, you’ll find it’s easy, convenient and should help to reduce the amount of anti-inflammatory/pain relief medication you need.
TOTALCRYO offers whole body cryotherapy, compression therapy, facial and even local cryotherapy. The NEW and Modern approach to muscle recovery, beauty, and body rejuvenation.
Be Cool To Your Body and Book your appointment today 215.262.6779
Experience the exceptional benefits.